Monday 13 October 2014

Famous Amos Copycat Cookies

I have been meaning to post this recipe if it was not for the hectic schedule baking and minding the family.

I found this recipe in Baking Corner Facebook page and I knew I had to make it right away. This recipe calls for shortening which constitutes its crumbly countenance and delightful chewy texture. I have my share of homemade chocolate chip cookies but this is close to my ideal. How I wish I have to time to experiment and combine this recipe with my almost subway choco chip cookies. Maybe one day.... but not today.

In the meantime, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
{A}

  • 1/4 cup (50g) Granulated Sugar
  • 150g Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp fine salt
  • 1/2 cup (120g) Butter
  • 1/8 cup (30g) Shortening
{B}
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
{C}
  • 1 2/3 cup (220g) All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
{D}
  • 1/2 cup (90 grams) chocolate chips. Add more if you like

Instructions
Cream butter and shortening until creamy. Add white and brown sugar. Beat until sugar is well blended into the butter. Add {B} and mix until smooth. Sift {C} into the butter mixture and mix well. Fold in {D}. Scoop a teaspoon onto the baking pan 2 inches apart. Bake at 175C (350F) about 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be soft after baking so use a spatula or turner. Put cookies in a cooling rack. These cookies will harden as it cools. Place in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment